Monday, February 23, 2009

How Do You Know When Your Business Has Made It?


I recently heard exciting news from one of our longarm quilting friends and customers. Marybeth O’Halloran, who owns and operates White Lotus Quilting, that she bestowed an honor on Kona Bay Fabrics so great it made my heart skip a beat.Since I can’t say it any better, here’s what Marybeth wrote…

”Kona Bay (the dog) is a 5-month-old Sheltie tri-color. We had other names planned for her but when she arrived we found her to have a much stronger personality than we’d expected so she needed something as rich dark and deep as her coat color for a name. Kona Bay became the obvious choice”.

She continued with, “Your fabrics have a distinctive attitude and personality which I am quite naturally drawn to. They suggest an aura of repose and relaxation, of awe at the natural beauty around us which sometimes goes unnoticed. Thanks for setting such a high standard in Asian-inspired design on fabric”.

Days later and my heart is still going pitter-patter over such a touching account of what Kona Bay fabrics meant to Marybeth. I absolutely love hearing stories like these. For those of you who didn’t know, you can follow me on Twitter @konabayfabrics. It's easy to sign up and get twittering. I’m always on the lookout for fun projects using Kona Bay and to hear your thoughts and ideas.

The moral of the story—You know you’ve made it when someone names their dog after you. Thanks, Marybeth!

2 comments:

  1. HI Douglas, I'm a fellow QuiltDesigner Blog member, and just found your blog. I thought you might like to see a photo of a quilt I recently designed using a Kona Bay fabric for the background and a number of Westex fabrics for the applique http://dorothybakerdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/10/vintage-tiles-quilt.html . I love your fabrics, but unfortunately we don't get very many of them here.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, next to naming their child after you, this IS the ultimate compliment. Beautiful site with exquisite photos!

    ReplyDelete