Thursday, February 5, 2009

Asian Fabric Issue 15 Available Now!



Kona Bay Fabrics
latest issue of Asian Fabric is available in your local quilt shop. As always, you'll find terrific projects to make for yourself or someone you love. Who wouldn't love to receive a handmade quilt by you for Valentine's Day.

Give some consideration to the Kibo Quilt on page 48 and pictured here. This project will not only be a beautiful addition to a loved ones home but an inspiration for the year to come. The featured Daruma doll figure is a wishing doll. One eye is filled in when a wish made. When the wish comes true, the other eye is filled. On page 55 there is even a short story and description about this long-standing Japanese tradition that you can include with your gift.

In addition to this and many other beautiful projects by our very own Georgie Gerl, you'll be able to take an armchair tour of Seoul, Korea. You can also plan a delicious but easy Korean meal with the three recipes included on page 45.

Our guest contributors, Tracey Brookshier and Marlous Carter, have provided us with two projects. Tracey's Ushikake (wedding kimono) quilt and the Gateway and Kaimono Totes by Marlous are guaranteed to delight you.

I also encourage you to glean ideas from the lovely projects by those who send in photos for our What I Did With My Kona Bay department. Have you done a fun project you'd like us to feature? Email a photo, short description and your name, address and contact info to PublishingPeople@mac.com. No email—mail it to Eagle Publishing, 328 E. Indiana Ave, Spokane, WA 99207. If your project is chosen, we'll send you 3 yards of beautiful Kona Bay fabric for free.

And, if you have idea of the types of projects and patterns you'd like to see, I always love hearing from you. Email me at Douglas@konabay.com.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I stumbled across your blog but I'm so glad I did. I have a hard time finding Kona Cottons since I moved. Guess I need to make a trip back to Tampa to get more ~ They are super yummy. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete